Wednesday 10 October 2012

Happy (belated) Autumn!





All Images From http://www.chichistudio.com

Happy Autumn! I know I'm a little bit late with this post, I wanted to write at the beginning of October, but as well as the cold and falling leaves that come with this month so do the dreaded bugs and colds. Thankfully we've all recovered, but my poor little man had it the worst.

Anyway, on to nicer topics :) I know in the UK we don't really have the 'fall' decorating tradition like they do in the US, but I've been inspired to create a 'fall mantel' . I think its a lovely way to bring the outside in and makes a lovely decorative feature. 
As well as finding inspiration, I have fully enjoyed folding our summer clothes away and getting out our warmer, snuggly knits. This time of year is my favourite. You can't go wrong cuddled up on the sofa with a good book and a hot chocolate!
Which time of year is your favourite?

3 comments:

  1. Creating a fall mantel is such a great idea!! :) And I dream of living in a place with 4 seasons. I'm from Singapore and it's a deathly summer heat all year round.
    I love the idea of decorating a house/mantel with fall accents (the last picture is my favorite!). Are you going to be doing it this year? I would love to see the end result!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya :) wow that sounds awful! I live in the UK and our seasons have pretty much merged into one, random hot days but a lot of rain!
      The pumpkins in the fireplace is my favourite, although not very practical with two babies!
      Unfortunately I wont be decorating for fall this year as I'm moving next week, so the next season I'll be decorating for will be winter. Thank you for your interest though and let me know how you get on if you decide to add a few fall accessories :)
      I hope you have a nice week x

      Delete
  2. Love this post. I am absolutely loving the Fall right now. Everything from the leaves changing colors, the cooler weather, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and carving pumpkins!

    I love the idea of a fall mantel. I want to make a wreath!

    ReplyDelete